Booking a musician can be challenging, especially when you are not a musician yourself. We always recommend getting all the details together BEFORE making any commitments to give all involved the best chance of success. Please find below some great questions you can ask musicians you are considering hiring.
- Do you have experience performing at events like mine? Can you tell me about them?
- Can you send me your song/set/play list?
- What do you need from us for your setup (power, space, equipment etc.)?
- How do you normally handle meals?
- How do you run/time your breaks?
- Do you charge for travel time?
- How many hours are included in the booking?
- What is your wet weather plan (if outdoor event)?
- How do you dress?
- Do you provide anything extra along with your music (like lighting, decorations etc.)?
We hope that helps to get things started. If you need any help at all we’re experts at this and will give you the answers before you even need to ask the questions – contact us today!