FINDING THE PERFECT FIRST DANCE WEDDING SONG
It’s just a few minutes in your day but a very important time to get right. It’s likely you have a shortlist of songs ready to go, meaningful, personal to you both etc. but take a moment and consider the following to make sure your final choice is exactly what you need.
- Think about the feel. Ask yourself how you will dance to the song and in what way. You may find a song has more of a swing, or longer bars that will make dancing in time completely different.
- Practice. Try dancing together at home and make sure you are both in sync to the song so that it comes together on the day.
- Timing. Figure out the timing of your MC’s announcements and asking family/friends/wedding party to join you on the floor.
- Sentimental or Cheeky. Pick a song that reflects you both and the moment you are in. You may wish to go fully romantic or lighter and fun, keep in mind that you will be stuck in that moment for the duration of the song and you will need to think about how that looks and feels to your guests.
- Wedding cringe. Watch some youtube clips and learn what not to do.
- Book live. Live musicians can manage moments with flexibility, ease and power. Working with a professional will make sure the moment runs as it should.
We recommend asking someone with wedding expertise about this too, if you need a hand give us a call or send us an email and we’ll endeavour to help.