We exist not just because live music is great but because our clients struggle to navigate the many challenges in finding, booking and running live musicians for their events. It’s a specialist process and makes a huge impact when done right (or wrong for that matter). If you are not using an agent there are many things to consider, here are a few helpful tips.
- Ask your friends and family if they know anyone, you may find someone amazing and with a warm invitation.
- Don’t rely on the internet. Online content is highly curated and can present hyper-real versions of musicians. Take the time to meet your musician on a call or in person if possible to ensure there is a congruence between what you are seeing and who they really are.
- Request a set list. Make sure you know not just how they sound but what they are going to play, especially with your audience in mind.
- Read the contract, make sure they have been clear and you have understood what is involved in the booking.
- Trust the band, once you have done your due diligence let them play. Don’t micro manage, if you have chosen well they will deliver more than you could ever imagine.
As always we recommend that you work with an agent you can trust, who is bought into and has a stake in the outcomes, however if you want your DIY booking we hope this helps you and that your booking is a massive success.